Sunday, January 8, 2012

Bedford, New Hampshire, October 6, 1971--Suspicious death: The end of the road

What happens when you come to the end of the road?

On October 6, 1971, in a wooded area by the Route 101 bypass at the end of Kilton Road, human remains were found.

In August or September of 1971, something happened. Something ended. My life is what happened and what ended. But no one knew my life ended until October 6 when my human remains, covered by brush, were found in that wooded area at the end of Kilton Road. It was the end of the road for me too.

The road might have ended, but the mystery of who I am and what happened lives on. Law enforcement agencies, both local and federal, are trying to determine the answers to those questions: who I am and what happened to me?

Today it’s not just a bypass off Route 101 and Kilton, instead it’s now the on-ramp from Kilton to the 101. Progress has happened in the area where my remains were found. Yet, no progress has happened in figuring out who I am.

So who am I? Well, the name remains a mystery; but they can tell you I’m a Caucasian female and was about 25 to 35 years old. They estimate that I was 5'1" to 5'4" and possibly had brown hair. When found, I was wearing a maroon pullover blouse with lace at the neck, short hip-hugger dungaree-type shorts, and size 7 sandals. That’s how much they know about me. That’s who I am. I remain a short description with no official name.

Until they figure out my name, you may call me Juliet. It’s a good name. This woman who cares about me, she named me. She’s an advocate for people like me. She runs a missing persons organization. She cares so much that she wanted to make sure my information gets out to as many sources as possible. She’s going to help ID me one day.

I hope that day comes soon. I don’t know about you, but I can say going over 40 years now with no name has become tiresome. If you know who I am, please tell them. If you don’t, please tell everyone you know about me. Maybe someone out there, somewhere, will recognize my description or this reconstructed likeness of me. Tell everyone. Show everyone. Someone will know me. Someone will tell them who I am. I know they will.


New Hampshire Department of Justice
Cold Case Unit
603-271-2663

Bedford Police Department
603-472-5113

Or you can make a tip through my page at the DOJ: http://www.doj.nh.gov/criminal/cold-case/victim-list/bedford.htm


Additional Information:

News report from the Nashua Telegraph on October 12, 1971 reported that the victim weighed 115 to 130 pounds.

Conflicting news reports over the years vary her time of demise from one to two months and one to three months prior to discovery.

HER PROFILE DATA AT A GLANCE: Hillsborough New Hampshire Jane Doe October 1971

No comments: