Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Do you know who I am? That’s all I ask.



It is very possible that I was not from Santa Ana, California, but rather just passing through. It is also possible I just arrived. Could I have been here only to visit family? Or maybe I was here to find work. There are many different reasons why I could have been in Santa Ana, California.

I guess I should start at the beginning, well the beginning for you, anyway. On September 4, 1988, I was at the corner of Myrtle and Bristol in Santa Ana, California. It was evening, around 8:45 p.m. A gunshot rang out . . . man down, man down. Yeah, I wish this was a TV show I was telling you about, but it wasn’t. That gunshot that rang out hit me right in the chest. The police were called. I was transported to Western Medical Center. At 10:00 p.m., I was pronounced dead.

Here’s the tricky part. I had no identification. I couldn’t tell them my name. All the authorities had was my physical description: Hispanic male, thirty to forty-five years old, 5’5”, and 140 lbs., with brown eyes and short, bushy brown hair. I was uncircumcised, and my blood type was B+. I was missing some teeth, and the condition of the remaining teeth suggested third world dental work. They took my fingerprints and my DNA.

A few days later, the police told the media that it was not gang related. The police continued to investigate. These events took place 25 years ago. No new information came forward. Today I remain unidentified.

Do you know who I am? If I had been illegal, and that’s the only reason you didn’t come forward, please consider giving an anonymous tip. Just tell them who I am. If there was another reason put that aside, and just give them by name. That’s all I ask. Do you know who I am?


Contact Information: 
Orange County Coroner
1071 W. Santa Ana Blvd., Santa Ana, CA, 92703
(714) 647-7400
Case #88-04645-AK


View His Profile Data Here: Orange California John DoeSeptember 1988

No comments: