Wednesday, March 16, 2016

A Chill in the Air




If you’ve ever experienced the weather in Pennsylvania, then you know how temperamental it can be. Yet, even when it’s muggy, there could still be a little chill in the air, especially if it has rained. There was definitely a chill that night I lost my life.
                They found me about 50 feet from Christman Road in Berks County between Lenhartsville and Virginville off of Route 78. I was found in a gully behind some brush when a farmer was plowing his cornfield to ready it for soybeans. I had been there at least 8 months to a year. They know that because of the last time the fields were plowed for a crop rotation.
                I was wearing a long dark Benetton sweater dress with large white buttons and a long-sleeved, light-colored pullover top with five buttons down the front, little pleats, and a small collar. I wore a white vinyl belt cinched around the XL dress because I was slim and only about 120 to 130 lbs. I stood 5'3" and had short light-brown hair. I was estimated only to be between 25 and 40 years old. I still had my whole life ahead of me.
                I was wearing a small digital sport watch with an orange, pink, and yellow plastic band. They could also tell I was slender because the way my watch was secured around my small wrist. Maybe I got that as a gift. I loved the bright, happy colors. I was also wearing a gray metal ring without any stones, and I carried with me a small dolphin-shaped object that could’ve been a broach or pin that someone special gave to me. Whoever took my life at least left me with my personal things.
                I was even found with a cylindrical metallic object that possibly could’ve been the handle of an umbrella. Was it raining that night? Did I accept a ride so I wouldn’t have to walk in the rain? Did my vehicle break down? Was I lost and trying to find my way back home, or was I just there temporarily to enjoy the lake?
                About two miles uphill from where I was found, there were mushroom houses where immigrant workers stayed. There was also a recreational lake, Christmas Lake, with summer homes and bungalows, where families would come and enjoy the summertime or peace and quiet during the hectic months. Had I planned on visiting the area for my vacation stay? Was I dumped by someone I knew, or was I just in the wrong place at the wrong time?
                It is suspected that foul play was involved because some of my bones were not recovered. They said I had borne at least one child. Do I have children looking for me? Are they wondering why they can’t find Mom?

If you have any information regarding this person, please contact:
Berks County Coroner
1243 County Welfare Road
 Leesport, PA 19533
 610-478-3280
 610-478-3289 (fax)


                

No comments: