Monday, January 11, 2016

Last Night at the Club



Now to most people, when you hear about a nightclub or beach in Miami, you think party or enjoyment. Well, for me, it’s quite the opposite. My body was found at One Ocean Drive, on the grounds of Penrod’s Beach Club, later to become Nikki Beach, near the beach in Miami Beach, Florida.
The night I died, I made a makeshift bed out of folded blankets and watched as all the young adults headed out for the night. With the tropical feel of the club and the great dance music, I remember lying down and watching in awe at how dressed up everyone was. I, myself, however, was found wearing tattered navy blue polyester pants, a large black leather belt, a worn black T-shirt, large gray cotton socks, and old black Reebok tennis shoes. All the other items I owned, a blue duffel bag containing a pillow and jacket, were found with me as well.
The night I passed away might just have been because of my medical issues. Standing at 6'1" and 147 pounds, a large growth just under my right shoulder blade had broken through my thin body and frail skin. You see, unfortunately, I had metastatic cancer. I was only between the ages of 46 and 60, far from my time to leave this earth.
Maybe, when I was younger and healthier, I used to frequent this club or spend endless hours lying by the beach; heck, maybe I was even a surfer waiting to catch the perfect wave. But now all I am waiting for is my name back. Please, even though I may have been homeless and very sick, someone out there might still be looking for me, or at least, understand that I deserve an identity.

If you have any information about this man, please contact

District 11, Medical Examiner’s Office, 
Number One Bob Hope Road, 
Miami, FL 33136-1133, 
305-545-2400
Case # 1999-0923

View his profile data here:  Miami Dade Florida John Doe April 1999

No comments: