Monday, June 14, 2010

Lila Doe – I Just Want to Be ME Again!


There isn't much known about me because someone was angry (and selfish) enough to set my body on fire and leave me by the side of the road. They aren't even sure of my race! I'm hoping that maybe you can be the one to put a name to my face and help me become ME again!

On August 7, 1994, some passersby noticed what they thought was a pile of trash burning below a yellow guardrail in an open area at La Tuna Canyon Road half-mile East of the 210 freeway off ramp in the Angeles National Forest, in Tujunga, California. They got out of their car to take a look and to kick dirt over the trash (to put out the fire) – only it wasn't trash burning. It was me!

Authorities say I could have been either Asian (possibly Filipina) or Hispanic. They estimate I was 14 years or older, with brown eyes and medium-length black hair that was tucked beneath a wig. I was about 5’3” tall and weighed around 133 pounds. I wore what some folks call a floral print dress (and others refer to as a tunic) and tan slacks. I know...not much to go on, right? Well, maybe you'll recognize my jewelry. I was wearing a pair of yellow metal hoop earrings, a v-shaped yellow metal ring with a white stone and a medallion around my neck that has been described as either a Saint Christopher's medal or a picture of Jesus. I had several small moles scattered across my forehead and a distinctive gap between my two upper front teeth. They believe I was strangled somewhere else on that day and then dumped by the side of that road and set on fire.
Somebody, somewhere must be missing me! Are they still waiting, hoping that one day I'll walk through the door again? Parents, siblings, friends – whoever they are, they deserve a sense of closure. And I deserve to have a name – MY name! Please, can you help me?


If you have any information about this case please contact:

Los Angeles County Coroner
Daniel Machian
323-343-0754 Or 323-222-0343

Coroner Case Number:
1994-06715

NCIC Number:
U-783036169

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency
with information regarding this case.

VIEW HER PROFILE DATA AT A GLANCE: Los Angeles California Jane Doe August 1994

No comments: